Future-proofing Queensland Manufacturing
This website is maintained by Manufacturing Skills Queensland (MSQ).
This Privacy Statement applies to all the publicly accessible pages located at this website, and other communications with MSQ including phone calls, emails, form submissions, stakeholder and community engagement activities, and written correspondence.
MSQ does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to the msq.org.au website.
Personal information collected by MSQ for the purposes set out in this disclaimer will be managed in accordance with
the Information Privacy Act 2009 (QLD).
How we use information collected
We collect and manage information as described on this page, unless stated otherwise.
This may include both anonymous and personal information.
‘Personal information’ has a broad definition and may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address – basically any information from which you can be identified.
We may ask you to provide personal information if you request a service from us, submit an enquiry, subscribe to updates, seek feedback, or participate in stakeholder and community engagement activities, but only in order to:
- Provide news, updates and information that you have subscribed to, or requested from us.
- Meet your needs (e.g. answer a question or suggest appropriate content or services for you).
- Better understand customer needs (e.g. assess or improve the quality of our services to you).
- Satisfy the stakeholder and community engagement functions of MSQ.
- Meet legal requirements.
Other website usage information is collected during each visit. This is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports so MSQ can identify patterns of usage on the msq.gov.au site.
This assists us in improving the site and the services offered on it.
What Information we collect
MSQ may collect information in a variety of ways:
Some information may be provided by you. This may include your name, email address and postcode or suburb.
When you look at the pages on the msq.org.au site, we may also automatically record the website analytics information described below.
MSQ is committed to providing a useful and effective service via our website.
We use analytics tools to gather information about how our website is accessed and used.
Our website uses Google Analytics.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to help us analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia (including in the United States).
Information that is gathered or derived from using the Google Analytics cookie includes:
- the number of visitors to the website
- how visitors arrive at the website, for example did they type the address in directly, or follow a link from another webpage.
- search terms used to find our site via a search engine
- the number of times each page is viewed and for how long
- time and date of your visit
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device being used, which can sometimes be matched to broad geographic data for use in analytics
- Information about what browser was used to view the site and the operating system of the computer
- the pages accessed, documents downloaded, and interactions completed
- the server address, hostname and top-level domain, for example .com, .info or .au,
- the bandwidth showing your internet connection speed
This information will be used by MSQ to improve our website, improve access and usability, and to compile statistical data for reporting purposes.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message in a text file called a cookie.txt. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customised web pages for them.
The next time you go to the same website, your browser will send the cookie to the web server. The server can use this information to present you with custom web pages.
Third party tracking
Opting out from your browser
You can read more about how Google uses data. You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics or specifically opt out of Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features.
Opting out from your device
On your iPhone, iPad or Android, you can change your device settings to control whether you see targeted advertising. This is usually under ‘Privacy’ or ‘Advertising’ in settings.
Disclosure of Information
MSQ will only disclose personal information to other State and Federal Government agencies where one of the following has occurred: the individuals concerned have consented to the disclosure or the disclosure is in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 or the disclosure is authorised or required under a law.